Saturday, March 3, 2012

Update and... Holy Moses it's almost been a year!!!

I am really terrible with keeping up with the blog, sorry ladies. To start things off, Elder Peterson has been gone for almost a year! It doesn't even feel like it's been that long! In a month from now I'll be counting down from a year. This is kind of mind blowing to me at the moment lol. I have to admit that as it gets closer it gets insanely hard for me to not pull out my roommate's bridal magazines (she's engaged btw). But that's beside the point, AH! A year! Okay, I think I'm done with my crazy rant now... Whew!
So valentines day was pretty great this year, surprisingly enough, I didn't sit at home and mope at all! Woots for Katy. Anywho, Elder Peterson sent me a package with some really cute things, and the sweetest letter in the entire world, I cried the entire time that I read it. I just love him so much! Ok lol sorry, I'm turning this into a gush fest.
Weeeell, I know it's a bit late, but lets talk about... Valentines day! (hopefully this blog will still be around next year anyway right?) It's the one holiday in the year that is completely and totally based off of mushiness, which is, let's face it, not the missionary gal's best friend. So how does one celebrate such a holiday without putting their missionary into a trunky coma for a few days? To be honest with you, I have NO IDEA! But let's give it the good ol' college try anyway shall we?
To start things off, might I recommend a letter. You may not know what his current candy craving is, but you can always guarantee that he'll love a letter. Now I don't know what level everyone is at with their missionaries and how much mush is too much mush for them, but we'll just go with a general mush level k?
So I think it's good to acknowledge the holiday and also your feelings for them. Now don't go writing them a novel about how deep and true your love is, but I think a paragraph or two ought to do the trick (please keep in mind this is just general), just to tell them that you care about them.
As far as little gifts go, just remember to stick with the rule that they should be able to use it while they're on their mission, and make sure it's not too big.
That's pretty much it, sorry I don't have much more to say. Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment